Midget-Town in Vienna, Va.
Johnr Roberts
2023-02-10 08:36:03 UTC
I feel obliged to point out here that I am led to believe (in part by a
story in yesterday's NY Times - which can be found by searching the nytimes.com
site with the string "houston dwarf council") that the appropriate term for
persons of this nature is "Dwarf".
They are two separate things. A midget is perfectly proportioned, but
small. A dwarf has a large trunk but very short arms and legs. There
are certain cranial anomalies associated with dwarfs, too, I believe.
Also their fingers are shaped smaller. I believe that all these people
now prefer the sobriquet "little people."
Maggie "no reason to live" Newman <-- no relation
I agree 100%. This is what I was taught growing up, and I would feel obliged to angrily correct someone who called me a dwarf, as I am in absolute proportion, just shrunk in the wash - like the pocket-sized MG Midget sports car.
Tim McDaniel
2023-02-26 21:36:09 UTC
Post by Johnr Roberts
I agree 100%.