and this, children, is why you "break step" when crossing bridges
danny burstein
2023-05-11 16:59:29 UTC
(for anyone still here)

https://www.voanews.com/a/at-least-24-injured-in-finland-footbridge-collapse-/7088641.html

***@panix.com
Don Freeman
2023-05-12 23:17:44 UTC
Post by danny burstein
(for anyone still here)
https://www.voanews.com/a/at-least-24-injured-in-finland-footbridge-collapse-/7088641.html
Being Finland they should have been spaced enough to not bunch up, as we
all know this is how they queue up for the bus:

E. H. Rice
2023-05-13 19:03:37 UTC
Post by danny burstein
(for anyone still here)
Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
Mark Shaw
2023-05-14 01:00:40 UTC
Post by E. H. Rice
Post by danny burstein
(for anyone still here)
Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
Sometimes here, sometimes elsewhere. Temporal positioning is a
funny thing.
--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks
Thomas Prufer

Thomas Prufer
Drew Lawson
2023-05-14 21:28:07 UTC
Post by Mark Shaw
Post by E. H. Rice
Post by danny burstein
(for anyone still here)
Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
Sometimes here, sometimes elsewhere. Temporal positioning is a
funny thing.
I'm here when I'm observed to be here.
Otherwise I'm everywhere.
--
Drew Lawson | What is an "Oprah"?

Thomas Prufer
2023-05-15 05:47:55 UTC
Post by Drew Lawson
Post by Mark Shaw
Post by E. H. Rice
Post by danny burstein
(for anyone still here)
Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
Sometimes here, sometimes elsewhere. Temporal positioning is a
funny thing.
I'm here when I'm observed to be here.
Otherwise I'm everywhere.
But when you are here, you momentum in unknown?

Thomas "uncertain" Prufer
Mac
2023-05-22 19:06:11 UTC
…in six months, as God intended it.
Lee Ayrton
2023-07-22 14:48:06 UTC
Post by E. H. Rice
Post by danny burstein
(for anyone still here)
Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
Yes, but when?

Lee "Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'" Ayrton
Drew Lawson
2023-07-23 01:46:56 UTC
Post by Lee Ayrton
Post by E. H. Rice
Post by danny burstein
(for anyone still here)
Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
Yes, but when?
Lee "Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'" Ayrton
Too much time on my hands.
T-T-T-Ticking away with my sanity.

Drew "lost out in the styx" Lawson
--
Drew Lawson | It's not enough to be alive
Thomas Prufer
2023-07-23 05:30:02 UTC
Post by Drew Lawson
Post by Lee Ayrton
Post by E. H. Rice
Post by danny burstein
(for anyone still here)
Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
Yes, but when?
Lee "Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'" Ayrton
Too much time on my hands.
T-T-T-Ticking away with my sanity.
Drew "lost out in the styx" Lawson
Oi, saw a reference in alt.folklore.computers to site that replayed usenet of
forty years ago, post by post...

Electronic social media from before the internet.

Thomas Prufer
Drew Lawson
2023-07-23 22:53:30 UTC
Post by Thomas Prufer
Post by Drew Lawson
Post by Lee Ayrton
Post by E. H. Rice
Post by danny burstein
(for anyone still here)
Still here, I think. But I will check and report back.
Yes, but when?
Lee "Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'" Ayrton
Too much time on my hands.
T-T-T-Ticking away with my sanity.
Drew "lost out in the styx" Lawson
Oi, saw a reference in alt.folklore.computers to site that replayed usenet of
forty years ago, post by post...
Electronic social media from before the internet.
That is disturbing if they have a big enough archive.

40 years is 1983. I got on in 1985, and have some memories of very
AOL/September participation.

Drew "Mistakes were made" Lawson
--
Drew Lawson | Broke my mind

Thomas Prufer

From: Tavis Ormandy <***@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Subject: oldusenet project
Date: 17 Dec 2022 18:18:45 GMT
Post by Drew Lawson
I thought this might be interesting to some readers here, the olduse.net
project has recently restarted (note: it's not my project, I'm just
a user)
https://olduse.net/#forty
It's an nntp server that replays usenet posts with a 40 year delay. I
quite enjoy following some of the old discussions at the speed they
happened.
Obviously it's read only - it's a usenet server, not a DeLorean :)
Tavis.
And: yes, disturbing...

Thomas Prufer