Chinese restaurant urban legend, true or false?
r***@gmail.com
2020-03-30 21:03:20 UTC
I've known about this urban legend for a long time now, but just today two
local Chinese restaurants were said (supposedly) to have killed and served dead
cats.
I'm very skeptical of this of course. My boyfriend is Chinese/Filipino and I
take this rumour personally.
I've been reading up on this urban legend, but I just don't know. Some people
say it so non-chalauntly (sp?, I swear my spellchecker honestly doesn't know
what the heck that word is) like it really did happen, yet they can't provide
any news story on it nor the name of the restaurant. Urban legend and skeptical
websites completely denounce the believed-to-be "urban legend," saying that it
originates from xenophobic/racist individuals or competition from other local
restaurants.
What is the true story, really? Can anyone find a single news article on this
type of thing? I don't want hearsay or "I read a news article (which I can't
find right now) and/or I can't remember the name of the restaurant" type of
replies.
Here you go:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/06/13/chinese-man-caught-with-500-imprisoned-cats-destined-for-restaurants/
RH Draney
I'm sure the nineteen-year wait for an answer was well worth it....r
Lee Ayrton
Now I can finally move on with my life!
David Scheidt
2020-03-31 15:37:46 UTC
Lee Ayrton <***@panix.com> wrote:
:On 3/30/2020 19:12 PM, RH Draney wrote:
:> On 3/30/2020 2:03 PM, ***@gmail.com wrote:
:>> On Saturday, August 25, 2001 at 4:49:29 PM UTC-5, XTherBearX wrote:
:>>> I've known about this urban legend for a long time now, but just
:>>> today two
:>>> local Chinese restaurants were said (supposedly) to have killed and
:>>> served dead
:>>> cats.
:>>
:>> Here you go:
:>>
:>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/06/13/chinese-man-caught-with-500-imprisoned-cats-destined-for-restaurants/
:>>
:>
:> I'm sure the nineteen-year wait for an answer was well worth it....r
:>

:Now I can finally move on with my life!

Don't be hasty.
sig 19
danny burstein
2020-03-31 15:45:21 UTC
Post by David Scheidt
:>>> I've known about this urban legend for a long time now, but just
:>>> today two
:>>> local Chinese restaurants were said (supposedly) to have killed and
:>>> served dead
:>>> cats.
:>>
:>>
:>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/06/13/chinese-man-caught-with-500-imprisoned-cats-destined-for-restaurants/
:>>
:>
:> I'm sure the nineteen-year wait for an answer was well worth it....r
:>
:Now I can finally move on with my life!
Don't be hasty.
Ed Rice preparing a response in 5, 4, 3, years...
***@panix.com
Mikgmx

Michael "awaiting your answer patiently" Kuettner
r***@gmail.com
2020-03-31 21:48:40 UTC
Sorry, I didn't see how old the inquiry was. I just ran across it and thought I would shed some light on it. Its happening all around us today !
RH Draney
2020-03-31 23:42:18 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Sorry, I didn't see how old the inquiry was. I just ran across it and thought I would shed some light on it. Its happening all around us today !
Any cats found in Chinese cuisine you can buy today weren't even born
when the question was posted....r
r***@gmail.com
2020-04-01 00:40:00 UTC
That may be true, but just think about how many more Chinese restaurants there are now and how much more populated we are and the greater demand for new cats that are being added to current cuisine. Think of all the ones that didn't get caught. Stop smoking that stuff and go get you some sweet sesame kitty - meow 🐱
Drew Lawson
2020-03-31 22:15:24 UTC
Post by Mikgmx
Post by danny burstein
Post by David Scheidt
:>>> I've known about this urban legend for a long time now, but just
:>>> today two
:>>> local Chinese restaurants were said (supposedly) to have killed and
:>>> served dead
:>>> cats.
:>>
:>>
:>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/06/13/chinese-man-caught-with-500-imprisoned-cats-destined-for-restaurants/
:>>
:>
:> I'm sure the nineteen-year wait for an answer was well worth it....r
:>
:Now I can finally move on with my life!
Don't be hasty.
Ed Rice preparing a response in 5, 4, 3, years...
Who is Ed Rice ?
John Galt's stunt double.
--
|Drew Lawson | Of all the things I've lost |
| | I miss my mind the most |