Tapping The Admiral from 1873
Pluted Pup
2024-02-19 08:16:27 UTC
Spotted a Tapping The Admiral from 1873:

"Why, sir, I've heard of sailers so wild for grog,
sir, that they tapped a hogshead what they know'd
had a dead corpse in it, goin' over seas for burial."

- middle of a paragraph of page 112 of Nothing
To Drink, by Julia McNair Wright (1873)
Don Freeman
Can't be any worse than Peanut Butter Whiskey.
Thomas Prufer
2024-02-22 08:16:27 UTC
Post by Don Freeman
Post by Pluted Pup
"Why, sir, I've heard of sailers so wild for grog,
sir, that they tapped a hogshead what they know'd
had a dead corpse in it, goin' over seas for burial."
- middle of a paragraph of page 112 of Nothing
To Drink, by Julia McNair Wright (1873)
Can't be any worse than Peanut Butter Whiskey.
I'm having a taste flashback now, and not a good one.

Thomas Prufer