Question to the Elders of AFU
Mikgmx
2020-05-19 18:15:45 UTC
Hello, oh Keepers of the Lore !

I have one question in those times of conspiracy theories :

Where is the border between ULs and conspiracy theories ?
Is there a clear border ?

I ask this question because these days many CTs include
certain characteristics of ULs (e.g. - it's always a FOAF
who knows more of the dastardly deeds).

Cheers,
Michael "this is a clandestine message for our reptile overlords" Kuettner
RH Draney
2020-05-19 20:02:52 UTC
Post by Mikgmx
Hello, oh Keepers of the Lore !
Where is the border between ULs and conspiracy theories ?
Is there a clear border ?
I ask this question because these days many CTs include
certain characteristics of ULs (e.g. - it's always a FOAF
who knows more of the dastardly deeds).
CTs are subsets of ULs...a conspiracy theory posits hidden intent on the
part of someone....

So (to use the example that got me to this newsgroup in the first place):

UL: gangs shoot people who flash their headlights
CT: car designers install flashable headlights for the purpose of
identifying potential victims for gang shooters

....r
Drew Lawson
2020-05-22 00:20:49 UTC
Post by Mikgmx
Hello, oh Keepers of the Lore !
Where is the border between ULs and conspiracy theories ?
Is there a clear border ?
All boarders are murkey.

In addition to Mr. Draney's wisdom, ULs often mutate in the details.

A story will circulate in Atlanta. Then it will be retold in
Chicago. But the names of streets, schools, hospitals, etc. will
be changed to ones that make sense in Chicago.

An alternate form of this is when you have names that are commonly
reused. Story will be told about Springfield, State1. Then someone
in State2 will pass it on as Springfield, State2. Before you know
it, you are up to your ears in Homers.
Post by Mikgmx
I ask this question because these days many CTs include
certain characteristics of ULs (e.g. - it's always a FOAF
who knows more of the dastardly deeds).
The details are only known to the Cabal, which does not exist.
Post by Mikgmx
Cheers,
Michael "this is a clandestine message for our reptile overlords" Kuettner
Ah, you are impersonating someone with a name from long ago.
Well played, lizard.

Mikgmx
2020-05-28 20:08:08 UTC
Post by Drew Lawson
Post by Mikgmx
Hello, oh Keepers of the Lore !
Where is the border between ULs and conspiracy theories ?
Is there a clear border ?
All boarders are murkey.
If the borders weren't murky, I wouldn't have asked ;-)
Post by Drew Lawson
In addition to Mr. Draney's wisdom, ULs often mutate in the details.
Thank you & Mr. Draney.
Post by Drew Lawson
A story will circulate in Atlanta. Then it will be retold in
Chicago. But the names of streets, schools, hospitals, etc. will
be changed to ones that make sense in Chicago.
Ah, but there are UL's that go global without changing.
For example, the cheap Jaguar (or Rolls), which is sold cheap because
(a) a corpse was in it for some weeks
(b) the wife sold the car cheaply to hurt her ex-husband
(strangely, version (b) is also told here in Australia, although
it's legally impossible...)
Post by Drew Lawson
An alternate form of this is when you have names that are commonly
reused. Story will be told about Springfield, State1. Then someone
in State2 will pass it on as Springfield, State2. Before you know
it, you are up to your ears in Homers.
Yes, but do you mean that the difference between ULs and CTs is
defined by ULs going international ?
Example : Corona is used by Bill Gates to implement chips
by vacchination. This CT runs rampart in Germany, e.g.
Post by Drew Lawson
Post by Mikgmx
I ask this question because these days many CTs include
certain characteristics of ULs (e.g. - it's always a FOAF
who knows more of the dastardly deeds).
The details are only known to the Cabal, which does not exist.
TINC.
Post by Drew Lawson
Post by Mikgmx
Cheers,
Michael "this is a clandestine message for our reptile overlords" Kuettner
Ah, you are impersonating someone with a name from long ago.
Well played, lizard.
Sssssank you.

Cheersssss,
Michael "note to ssssself : have forked tongue fixed" Kuettner