green pubic hair urban legend
s***@gmail.com
2018-07-07 22:07:27 UTC
I searched snopes and dejanews with no results, so I hope this hasn't been
discussed before, but it has got to be a UL! My friend from England told me
this story, "swearing" it was true, and when I asked where she heard it, no
surprise, FOAF. Can anyone validate it? I am sure it's false- it's too
ridiculous.
Apparently, a woman in London went through a string of bad relationships and
decided to go celibate. As she had a sense of humor, she dyed her pubic hair
green and tattooed "Keep off the grass" above it. Some time later, this same
woman had to have an operation and was under anaesthetic. When she woke up, the
doctor had shaved her pubes for the operation and written on her thigh in ink,
"Sorry, I had to mow the lawn."
Now, this is so obviously an UL (what kind of operation spare any in childbirth
would require shaving the pubes?), but my friend keeps swearing it's true.
Surely someone out there can give me some backup on this.
-M
appendectomy. hernia, pelvic floor problems, lower bowl obstruction, rectal problems, etc....
Lee Ayrton
2018-08-26 14:46:34 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]
The story is fairly old, nice to see the classics come around now and then.

Pre-op shaving was once ordinary and fairly extensive, hospitals had
manuals showing how much skin was to be shaved pre-op -- shoulder
surgery might require shaving with a Weck razor and Betadine soap to the
midline back and front, the axilla, and down to the wrist, then
rewashing and leaving a coating of dried betadine soap. The idea was to
prevent hairs falling into the operative site and to leave an antiseptic
coating on the skin. But it was done on the hospital floor before pre-op
meds, not in the OR.

These days shaving is done with an electric clipper to a limited area
during prep.