The Loup
k***@gmail.com
2020-01-27 23:08:58 UTC
I'm reading this in 2020. I grew up in Vineland NJ. Me and my sister's got on the loop a lot. We chatted with friends and I was more free to try and learn pick up line's because I was a church boy. They can't see me over the fun. We heard people that sounded to old to be on and reported them. They had safety but you can't be to safe over the phone. It was fun but I know some bad stuff probably happened from the loop.
Chris Schram
2020-01-28 01:23:56 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
I'm reading this in 2020. I grew up in Vineland NJ. Me and my sister's got on the loop a lot. We chatted with friends and I was more free to try and learn pick up line's because I was a church boy. They can't see me over the fun. We heard people that sounded to old to be on and reported them. They had safety but you can't be to safe over the phone. It was fun but I know some bad stuff probably happened from the loop.
In my mind I am visualizing this Grouper's K-12 English teachers rolling
in their graves.
--
***@me.com is a filtered spam magnet. Email replies may be lost.
You're better off replying to this newsgroup.
Mark Shaw
2020-01-28 01:27:00 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
I'm reading this in 2020. I grew up in Vineland NJ. Me and my sister's
BZZT! Apostrophe violation, no line feeds, no quoting of material
being responded to, no need to waste any more of my time on this.
--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks
s***@gmail.com
2020-04-16 17:38:22 UTC
http://www.bergenrecord.com/news/theloup200106183.htm
is from a local paper in Northern NJ.The paper has a good rep, but the
article, which is about a teen chat line, sounds unrealistic to me and
"The time I listened to it, I heard profanity. I heard sexual
comments," said Englewood (NJ) police Detective Sgt. Anthony
Cureton. "It's kind of like a gateway to other things."
"In Mesa, Ariz., missing persons investigators have spent the past
year and a half looking for close to 100 teenage runaways --
including many young girls -- who they said used The Loup."
Has anyone heard about this chat line? Has anyone heard about a
participant in it coming to harm as a direct result of it? This was on
the front page of the paper & I'd like to find out if it is fluff &
scare tactics or has something more to it than gossip mongering &
innuendo.
Boron
I found this discussion from trying to find a wikipedia article or company info on The Loup. I can say that it did exist around 2001. I used it to make a few new friends off of it and meet people. While I came away from the experience just fine, one of my friends met a girl from the wrong crowd. She got him into drugs, he got another girl pregnant, tried to steal someone elses drugs, and got a gun pulled on him because of the group of people he started hanging out with afterwards.

Its been almost 20 years and I still remember one of my account numbers and part of another.