Visine and alcohol-rape drug?
s***@gmail.com
2015-04-30 14:13:26 UTC
Has anyone heard that putting a drop of Visine eye drops into an alcoholic
beverage will knock someone out-being used as a rape drug? I overheard some
girls talking about this and was wondering if this could be true or if it
is just an urban legend.
LAURA
Laura:

I am a victim of someone who put Visine in my wine and it caused me to pass out twice. The second time I fell into his rock garden and suffered a severe concussion. I also have incurred over $8000 in medical bills. He of course thought it was funny and did not every try to help me even after I fell the first time in his living room. However, he made one severe mistake...he dropped the empty bottle of Visine in my purse when I was passed out to..in his mind get rid of the evidence. I will be pressing criminal charges against him. Visine in alcohol is no joke..it will knock you out!!!

Sandra
Sandra Smith
I am a victim of someone who put Visine in my wine and it caused me to pass out twice. The second time I fell into his rock garden and suffered a severe concussion and massive bruising over my face and eyes. I also have incurred over $8000 in medical bills. He of course thought it was funny and did not every try to help me even after I fell the first time in his living room. However, he made one severe mistake...he dropped the empty bottle of Visine in my purse when I was passed out..in his mind to get rid of the evidence. I will be pressing criminal charges against him. Visine in alcohol is no joke..it will knock you out!!!
David DeLaney
2015-05-01 04:34:30 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Has anyone heard that putting a drop of Visine eye drops into an alcoholic
beverage will knock someone out-being used as a rape drug? I overheard some
girls talking about this and was wondering if this could be true or if it
is just an urban legend.
LAURA
I am a victim of someone who put Visine in my wine
Mmm-hm.
Post by s***@gmail.com
and it caused me to pass out twice.
It also appears to have caused you to follow up to a Usenet news post that is
older than you are, my dear. For shame!

Dave, tell LAURA i looooove her
http://gatekeeper.vic.com/~dbd/ -net.legends/Magic / I WUV you in all CAPS! --K.
Thomas Prufer
2015-05-01 06:47:45 UTC
Post by David DeLaney
It also appears to have caused you to follow up to a Usenet news post that is
older than you are, my dear. For shame!
Casued me to look up the MSDS for Visine.

Naah.

LD50 of 5 ml/kg for rats.

Thomas Prufer
Charles Bishop
2015-04-30 14:49:59 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]
Did you forget you posted this twice?

Care to share any details, such as the city and a police report?
charles
Lewis
2015-04-30 16:36:16 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Has anyone heard that putting a drop of Visine eye drops into an alcoholic
beverage will knock someone out-being used as a rape drug? I overheard some
girls talking about this and was wondering if this could be true or if it
is just an urban legend.
LAURA
I am a victim of someone who put Visine in my wine and it caused me to
pass out twice.
Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible.

I've yet to see a doctor claim it is used as a date-rape drug. Based on
the effects it has, it would not be a very good choice since it mostly
causes vomiting.

(pharmacists are not doctors, for anyone googling).
--
One of the most basic rules of survival on any planet is never to upset
someone wearing black leather. --The Last Continent
The Other Guy
2015-04-30 17:41:04 UTC
On Thu, 30 Apr 2015 16:36:16 +0000 (UTC), Lewis
Post by Lewis
Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible.
It is HIGHLY likely that drinking Visine with alcohol
would knock someone out. But it COULD also kill them.

It reduces blood pressure, lowers body temp, blurs vision,
and absolutely causes vomiting, and may even cause
seizures.

---
Lewis
2015-05-03 03:59:22 UTC
Post by Lewis
Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible.
It is HIGHLY likely that drinking Visine with alcohol
would knock someone out.
I have yet to see a credible source on that.
--
Post by The Other Guy
Post by Lewis
a Freudian slip is when you say one thing but you're really thinking
about a mother.
no, a Freudian slip is sexy underwear your mother wears
Don Freeman
2015-05-03 07:10:53 UTC
Post by Lewis
Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible.
It is HIGHLY likely that drinking Visine with alcohol
would knock someone out.
I have yet to see a credible source on that.
Then you haven't been looking very hard:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp
--
__
(oO) www.cosmoslair.com

---
Lewis
2015-05-03 21:17:44 UTC
Post by Don Freeman
Post by Lewis
Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible.
It is HIGHLY likely that drinking Visine with alcohol
would knock someone out.
I have yet to see a credible source on that.
http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp
The only ocurrance of "uncon" ont hat page is in the line:

...under the belief this would render the doomed man unconscious. (It
actually caused him to vomit and suffer labored breathing.)

"knock" doesn't appear at all, nor does "alcohol".

Care to try again?
--
And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew
them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does.
Don Freeman
2015-05-04 02:07:31 UTC
Post by Lewis
Post by Don Freeman
Post by Lewis
Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible.
It is HIGHLY likely that drinking Visine with alcohol
would knock someone out.
I have yet to see a credible source on that.
http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp
...under the belief this would render the doomed man unconscious. (It
actually caused him to vomit and suffer labored breathing.)
"knock" doesn't appear at all, nor does "alcohol".
Care to try again?
I'm sorry, that was a case of not keeping track of which reply was to
which earlier comment. I thought you were replying to:

"Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible."

Which was your original statement.
Post by Lewis
Post by Don Freeman
Post by Lewis
Post by The Other Guy
It is HIGHLY likely that drinking Visine with alcohol
would knock someone out.
Which IS unequivocally untrue as you stated.

Don "maybe should go BACK to drinking" Freeman
--
__

E. H. Rice
2015-05-19 21:31:59 UTC
Post by Don Freeman
Post by Lewis
I have yet to see a credible source on that.
http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp
Samantha Elizabeth Unger! Holy crap (you should pardon the French), that's someone I know.

My list of felons I have known is surprisingly long. And some of you, here, may well belong on it.

E. H.
Charles Bishop
2015-05-21 14:32:04 UTC
Post by E. H. Rice
Post by Don Freeman
Post by Lewis
I have yet to see a credible source on that.
http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/visine.asp
Samantha Elizabeth Unger! Holy crap (you should pardon the French), that's someone I know.
My list of felons I have known is surprisingly long. And some of you, here,
may well belong on it.
No one saw me, I didn't do it, you can't prove it.
Charles, Western style
R H Draney
2015-05-01 22:18:26 UTC
Post by Lewis
(pharmacists are not doctors, for anyone googling).
Then why did my niece get a special ceremony with a hood when she got her
degree?...r
The Other Guy
2015-05-02 02:23:21 UTC
Post by R H Draney
Post by Lewis
(pharmacists are not doctors, for anyone googling).
Then why did my niece get a special ceremony with a hood when she got her
degree?...r
Because SOME PEOPLE forget that the internet is world-wide,
and not just restricted to one country, and different places
have different laws and licenses.

---
Michael Kuettner
2015-05-02 18:18:39 UTC
Post by R H Draney
Post by Lewis
(pharmacists are not doctors, for anyone googling).
Then why did my niece get a special ceremony with a hood when she got her
degree?...r
Well, it could have been a black mass (if she was naked and
the hood had no eye-holes it certainly was).

Cheers,

Michael "is her name Voisin ?" Kuettner
Don Freeman
2015-05-02 23:17:03 UTC
Post by Lewis
Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible.
I've yet to see a doctor claim it is used as a date-rape drug. Based on
the effects it has, it would not be a very good choice since it mostly
causes vomiting.
(pharmacists are not doctors, for anyone googling).
There was a rumor back in the '70s that slipping Visine in someones
drink (non-alcoholic) would cause severe diarrhea. Never got close
enough to anyone I hated enough to try it on.
--
__

i***@mindspring.com
2015-05-03 02:51:35 UTC
On Sat, 02 May 2015 16:17:03 -0700, Don Freeman
Post by Don Freeman
Post by Lewis
Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible.
I've yet to see a doctor claim it is used as a date-rape drug. Based on
the effects it has, it would not be a very good choice since it mostly
causes vomiting.
(pharmacists are not doctors, for anyone googling).
There was a rumor back in the '70s that slipping Visine in someones
drink (non-alcoholic) would cause severe diarrhea. Never got close
enough to anyone I hated enough to try it on.
It was a plot point on an old CSI: High-roller stiffs the long
suffering waitress on tips so she gets even by spiking his drink with
Visine, purportedly to drive him away from the table and end his
winning streak. He died, though I think the Visine thing was
incidental.
Lewis
2015-05-03 04:00:13 UTC
Post by Don Freeman
Post by Lewis
Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible.
I've yet to see a doctor claim it is used as a date-rape drug. Based on
the effects it has, it would not be a very good choice since it mostly
causes vomiting.
(pharmacists are not doctors, for anyone googling).
There was a rumor back in the '70s that slipping Visine in someones
drink (non-alcoholic) would cause severe diarrhea. Never got close
enough to anyone I hated enough to try it on.
it is a well-known urban legend. It is not true.
--
"I used to hate the sun, because it'd shone on everything I'd done. Made
me feel that all that I had done was overfill the ashtray of my life."
Don Freeman
2015-05-03 07:27:28 UTC
Post by Lewis
Post by Don Freeman
Post by Lewis
Bullshit. Drinking visine is very bad, but it does not cause
unconsciousness. Rectal bleeding, maybe. Violent vomiting? Probably.
Hospitalization? Likely. Death? Possible.
I've yet to see a doctor claim it is used as a date-rape drug. Based on
the effects it has, it would not be a very good choice since it mostly
causes vomiting.
(pharmacists are not doctors, for anyone googling).
There was a rumor back in the '70s that slipping Visine in someones
drink (non-alcoholic) would cause severe diarrhea. Never got close
enough to anyone I hated enough to try it on.
it is a well-known urban legend. It is not true.
I think I need to stop with attempting humorous disingenuous postings.
Apparently I am not very good at it.
--
__

s***@gmail.com
Don Freeman
2015-05-04 22:34:38 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Has anyone heard that putting a drop of Visine eye drops into an
alcoholic beverage will knock someone out...
LAURA
I am a victim of someone who put Visine in my wine and it caused me
to pass out twice. ETC...
This is the third time this replay has been posted by "Sandra" and word
for word. Is this a bot that is triggered by both "Visine" and
"alcohol" being in the same post? If so, it makes me yearn for the days
of Serdar. At least it was somewhat entertaining.

("Days of Serdar" I gotta trademark that as my new band name.)
--
__

danny burstein
2015-05-04 22:42:57 UTC
Post by Don Freeman
This is the third time this replay has been posted by "Sandra" and word
for word. Is this a bot that is triggered by both "Visine" and
"alcohol" being in the same post? If so, it makes me yearn for the days
of Serdar. At least it was somewhat entertaining.
Did he say "Visine"? Slowly I turn, step by step, with
a glass of alcohol in my hand...
***@panix.com
Don Freeman
2015-05-05 03:33:20 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by Don Freeman
This is the third time this replay has been posted by "Sandra" and word
for word. Is this a bot that is triggered by both "Visine" and
"alcohol" being in the same post? If so, it makes me yearn for the days
of Serdar. At least it was somewhat entertaining.
Did he say "Visine"? Slowly I turn, step by step, with
a glass of alcohol in my hand...
Just don't say them three times. Hey! Is that a Bloody Mary in your
glass?
--
__

Lon
2015-05-08 21:43:25 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by Don Freeman
This is the third time this replay has been posted by "Sandra" and word
for word. Is this a bot that is triggered by both "Visine" and
"alcohol" being in the same post? If so, it makes me yearn for the days
of Serdar. At least it was somewhat entertaining.
Did he say "Visine"? Slowly I turn, step by step, with
a glass of alcohol in my hand...
I forgot [age sucks but beats the alternative]. What is the bartender
name for a Visine and Vodka cocktail anyway?
Don Freeman
2015-05-09 02:57:27 UTC
Post by Lon
Post by danny burstein
Post by Don Freeman
This is the third time this replay has been posted by "Sandra" and word
for word. Is this a bot that is triggered by both "Visine" and
"alcohol" being in the same post? If so, it makes me yearn for the days
of Serdar. At least it was somewhat entertaining.
Did he say "Visine"? Slowly I turn, step by step, with
a glass of alcohol in my hand...
I forgot [age sucks but beats the alternative]. What is the bartender
name for a Visine and Vodka cocktail anyway?
I found this:

The Runnin' Rhino
Take eight parts pure Vodka. Temper with lime juice, a splash of
tonic, and a whole bottle of Visine.

There is also a Romanian drink called Visinata made from vodka and
visine, but the "visine' in the recipe is Romanian for sour cheeries.
--
__

David Scheidt
2015-05-09 03:21:56 UTC
Don Freeman <***@cosmoslair.com> wrote:
:On 5/8/2015 2:43 PM, Lon wrote:
:> On 5/4/2015 4:42 PM, danny burstein wrote:
:>> In <5547f3fb$0$36610$***@news.sonic.net> Don Freeman
:>> <***@cosmoslair.com> writes:
:>>
:>>> This is the third time this replay has been posted by "Sandra" and word
:>>> for word. Is this a bot that is triggered by both "Visine" and
:>>> "alcohol" being in the same post? If so, it makes me yearn for the days
:>>> of Serdar. At least it was somewhat entertaining.
:>>
:>> Did he say "Visine"? Slowly I turn, step by step, with
:>> a glass of alcohol in my hand...
:>>
:>>
:>
:>
:> I forgot [age sucks but beats the alternative]. What is the bartender
:> name for a Visine and Vodka cocktail anyway?
:>
:I found this:

:The Runnin' Rhino
: Take eight parts pure Vodka. Temper with lime juice, a splash of
:tonic, and a whole bottle of Visine.

:There is also a Romanian drink called Visinata made from vodka and
:visine, but the "visine' in the recipe is Romanian for sour cheeries.

If someone put visine in my vodka, my cheer would go sour, indeed.
--
There's nothing sadder than an ontologist without an ontogenesis.
-- some guy with a beard
Lewis
2015-05-08 22:06:43 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Has anyone heard that putting a drop of Visine eye drops into an alcoholic
beverage will knock someone out-being used as a rape drug? I overheard some
girls talking about this and was wondering if this could be true or if it
is just an urban legend.
LAURA
I am a victim of someone who put Visine in my wine and it caused me to
pass out twice.
Still lying.
--
"Sir, you will either die on the gallows or of some unspeakable
disease." "That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your
policies or your mistress."
m***@gmail.com
2015-10-22 04:57:12 UTC
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/14644/1/Eye-Drops-in-Drink.html
Charles Bishop
2015-10-29 19:36:23 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/14644/1/Eye-Drops-in-Drink.html
Debunked previously. Pay no attention to the url

m***@gmail.com
2015-10-22 04:59:46 UTC
http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/14644/1/Eye-Drops-in-Drink.html
w***@gmail.com
2016-01-11 02:04:41 UTC
Has anyone heard that putting a drop of Visine eye drops into an alcoholic
beverage will knock someone out-being used as a rape drug? I overheard some
girls talking about this and was wondering if this could be true or if it
is just an urban legend.
LAURA
Putting something, anything in someone's drink that is not intended for human consumption and to do so without their knowledge is attempted homicide. (If it was meant as a prank and they die it is manslaughter or negligent homicide.) Should they die it is homicide and you would likely be charged with pre-meditated murder. Murder is the unlawful taking of another human's life. Visine is deadly in larger doses taken internally. It can create a myriad of health and medical problems.
If you want someone dead then just wait, we all die.

I am not an attorney so my descriptions may be off on charges but they are close enough as charges against a person all hinge on the crime and what level of force or means of harm are used etc... (Meat is murder! WRONG. Murder is unlawful taking of HUMAN life. Taking of another human life is "homicide".)
Lewis
2016-01-11 22:57:56 UTC
Post by w***@gmail.com
Has anyone heard that putting a drop of Visine eye drops into an alcoholic
beverage will knock someone out-being used as a rape drug? I overheard some
girls talking about this and was wondering if this could be true or if it
is just an urban legend.
LAURA
Putting something, anything in someone's drink that is not intended
for human consumption and to do so without their knowledge is
attempted homicide.
No, that is ridiculous.

Also, you are responding to a post over 16 years old.

However, Visine *is* dangerous, can cause death, and is a shitty
rape drug.
Let the Wookiee win.
m***@gmail.com
2016-08-12 17:48:53 UTC
I heard from street prostitutesthat in combination with alcohol it is a knock out drop and prostitutes I've known regularly use it to roll their tricks.
Lewis
2016-08-13 14:04:19 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
I heard from street prostitutesthat in combination with alcohol it is
a knock out drop and prostitutes I've known regularly use it to roll
their tricks.
Either you are lying or they are lying. It has no such effects. It
causes extreme vomiting and/or diarrhea, and can easily cause death.
--
"I think my [German] husband is a wee bit tired of me suggesting we
'kill us some Nazis' (with a Tennessee twang) anytime he's looking for a
plan to do something." ~Amy
d***@gmail.com
2017-02-13 11:03:32 UTC
Hopefully you have realized that you're a complete fucking idiot? Salt water?? Who the hell puts salt water in their eyes intentionally? Pretty sure swimming in the ocean and opening eyes hurts like hell.

Visine and other eye drops contain Tetrahydrozoline.

Tetrahydrozoline is a form of a medicine called imidazoline, which is found in over-the-counter eye drops and nasal sprays. Tetrahydrozoline poisoning occurs when someone accidentally or intentionally swallows this product.

Symptoms may include:

Coma
Difficulty breathing or no breathing
Blurred vision
Blue lips and fingernails
Change in pupil size
Changes in blood pressure (high at first, low later)
Fast heartbeat
Headache
Irritability
Low body temperature
Nausea and vomiting
Nervousness
Seizures
Tremors (unintentional trembling)

DUMBASS!!
Andy
DUMBASS!!
Thomas Prufer
2017-02-14 07:52:33 UTC
Post by Andy
Then you go to the Emergency Room RIGHT AWAY:)
if you ingest it accidently.
Or if you put salt water in your eyes, I guess.

Thomas "eyes full of tears" Prufer
Mark Shaw
2017-02-14 13:28:27 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Hopefully you have realized that you're a complete fucking
idiot? Salt water?? Who the hell puts salt water in their eyes
intentionally?
Everybody who wears contact lenses?
--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks
c***@gmail.com
2017-06-11 03:15:56 UTC
What are tears if not salt water, dumbass?
r***@gmail.com
2017-09-25 05:40:19 UTC
You my friend are full of s***
Rael Gunn
2017-10-01 21:44:49 UTC
A while back I posted a UL about Visene being used to slip someone a
'mickey', but in the version I heard it causes diarrea which to the
victim seems like flatulence. When a silent release is attempted a much
larger payoff than expected results.
I recall the only response being Lon Stowell suggesting that I drink
some to test the validity.
Lon Stowell is an imposter. Rael "We are all Rich Rosen" Gunn
David DeLaney
2017-10-04 05:27:24 UTC
Post by Rael Gunn
A while back I posted a UL about Visene being used to slip someone a
'mickey', but in the version I heard it causes diarrea which to the
victim seems like flatulence. When a silent release is attempted a much
larger payoff than expected results.
I recall the only response being Lon Stowell suggesting that I drink
some to test the validity.
Lon Stowell is an imposter. Rael "We are all Rich Rosen" Gunn
Well, when we're not being Phil Gustafson's enormous velocipede's inhabitants.

Dave, vicki robinson is still in my .sig, send help
d***@gmail.com
2017-10-17 02:58:58 UTC
That's be it just happened to me and it's true it puts u in a coma that I woke up undressed from the waist down and I live with this person as his roommate and I don't remember a damn thing
s***@gmail.com
2018-01-15 10:56:44 UTC
So it works
b***@gmail.com
2017-12-20 00:28:26 UTC
True, but can also kill a person if the use to much.
r***@gmail.com
2018-01-09 18:41:00 UTC
It can drop the person's blood pressure and cause breathing difficulty and sometimes death. A lot of people are in jail for a felony gor putting visine in someone's drink. Don't do it. It's not worth it. It is not proven to cause diarrhea but can kill the person
b***@gmail.com
2018-06-22 19:28:52 UTC
I think my husband has been putting eye drops in my beer.everytime we go out.im going to say about 6 months.since then,my vision has gotten real bad.n I allready got,anmonia.would that be from ththe eye drops?? Desperate need of some answers.what else should I be aware of.scared for my life?.
b***@gmail.com
2018-07-20 19:11:34 UTC
Please answers?
Storage Unit
2018-07-21 08:48:38 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Please answers?
This is the first time I hear that visine can be used as alcohol-rape
drug. Tell your husband that he better come up with something
working. Or, better yet, start having sex with him so he won't be
playing with your beer when you guys go out.
Emacs OS
b***@gmail.com
Please dont wanna die here
y***@gmail.com
it can be
Don Freeman
2020-05-13 21:54:20 UTC
Post by y***@gmail.com
Has anyone heard that putting a drop of Visine eye drops into an alcoholic
beverage will knock someone out-being used as a rape drug? I overheard some
girls talking about this and was wondering if this could be true or if it
is just an urban legend.
LAURA
it can be
So let's party like it's 1999.
--
__
y***@gmail.com
2020-05-13 06:57:59 UTC
Has anyone heard that putting a drop of Visine eye drops into an alcoholic
beverage will knock someone out-being used as a rape drug? I overheard some
girls talking about this and was wondering if this could be true or if it
is just an urban legend.
LAURA
It's a vasoconstrictor so orally ingested, it can slow breathing and slow the heart rate, obviously impairing a person. Don't do it.