Password T.V Show
s***@gmail.com
2017-05-28 14:52:04 UTC
It was historical and did happen. The star was Alan Alda, And the contestant was an Africa American. Alan Alda gave the clue as "For" with a low to high tone as if he was asking a question, the contestant answered "knob", The place went nuts, Alan Alda laughed so hard he fell off his chair, rolling on the floor laughing so loudly they had to break for commercial.

When the show resumed he broke out again in the ultimate no ending laugh and they had to go to a commercial again, he just couldn't stop laughing.

One week later a lawsuit was filed and an undisclosed amount, later thought to be 100k was awarded to the contestant for the embarrassment.

Funniest thing I ever saw and I have told this story for decades to everyone I know.

Spags
Don Freeman
2017-06-02 22:28:54 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
It was historical and did happen. The star was Alan Alda, And the contestant was an Africa American. Alan Alda gave the clue as "For" with a low to high tone as if he was asking a question, the contestant answered "knob", The place went nuts, Alan Alda laughed so hard he fell off his chair, rolling on the floor laughing so loudly they had to break for commercial.
When the show resumed he broke out again in the ultimate no ending laugh and they had to go to a commercial again, he just couldn't stop laughing.
One week later a lawsuit was filed and an undisclosed amount, later thought to be 100k was awarded to the contestant for the embarrassment.
Funniest thing I ever saw and I have told this story for decades to everyone I know.
Spags
Uh... No.
<http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/password.asp>
--
__
(oO) www.cosmoslair.com
/||\ Cthulhu Saves!!! (In case he needs a midnight snack)
r***@sbcglobal.net
2018-05-01 21:34:31 UTC
Subject: Password T.V Show
In college, a classmate related a story from the television game show
"Password". On this show, celebrities attempt to communicate a secret
password to contestants by saying a single word clue. In the story, the
secret word was "deer", the clue was "doe" (as in "doe, a deer, a female
deer ...), and the response was "knob?".
Please confirm or refute.
Steve Heston

Confirm. Password, Tom Selleck. Can't find it anywhere anymore. SNOPES, at one point listed it as FALSE, but that was not true. Now, SNOPES has a Politically Correct rant about linguistic differences by people of different races and how 'white speech' doesn't mean it is correct speech. It is sad that this humorous episode is not longer available because it is considered racist.... Anyway, I saw it back in the 1980's.
Mark Shaw
2018-05-02 17:45:11 UTC
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-password-is/
--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks
David DeLaney
2018-05-03 10:08:38 UTC
Post by Mark Shaw
Post by r***@sbcglobal.net
Confirm. Password, Tom Selleck. Can't find it anywhere anymore.
SNOPES, at one point listed it as FALSE, but that was not true.
Now, SNOPES has a Politically Correct rant about linguistic
differences by people of different races and how 'white speech'
doesn't mean it is correct speech. It is sad that this humorous
episode is not longer available because it is considered racist....
Anyway, I saw it back in the 1980's.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-password-is/
And though he seems to not be posting from google, recook's response is to a
post from 1996. Keep an eye on that, ok, kid?

Dave, ou sont les delphi.coms d'antan?
Drew Lawson
2018-05-03 12:44:23 UTC
Post by David DeLaney
And though he seems to not be posting from google, recook's response is to a
post from 1996. Keep an eye on that, ok, kid?
It was from Google, just not using a gmail address.

Drew "Google groups - the gift that keeps on regifting" Lawson
--
|Drew Lawson | If you're not part of the solution |
| | you're part of the precipitate. |
Mark Shaw
2018-05-03 14:54:14 UTC
Post by Drew Lawson
Post by David DeLaney
And though he seems to not be posting from google, recook's response is to a
post from 1996. Keep an eye on that, ok, kid?
It was from Google, just not using a gmail address.
Yes. I corrected the shitty formatting.