Obsessive diary keeper
m***@gmail.com
2018-12-22 10:53:50 UTC
I read in a newspaper several months ago that a man had died and left
behind a minutely detailed diary of absolutely everything he did
during his last years, right down to descriptions of his bowel
movements! He donated it to posterity. I can't remember any further
detail than that, but I need to track this story. Can anyone remember
what month it was published or any other details which might help me
search for it in newspaper archives?
Elizabeth Paton-Simpson
University of Auckland, NZ
I think it's in the Guinness Book of Records. There's a condition called Hypergraphia, where the subject has an obsession to write things down. I'm sure I've got some form of it myself. In 1991 I was doing a college course and was told to keep a diary. My interpretation was to keep a diary of my life and I've been doing it every day since, never having missed a day. I write an A4 page of around 450 words and have now written over 10,000 pages with about 4 million words. Not sure what to do with my collection - probably just write about it.
m***@gmail.com