"Magic Eye" pics --Hoax???
b***@gmail.com
2018-05-16 19:54:19 UTC
You can cross your eyes to bring 2 like points together and you will see an image, however i see it inverted while everyone i know sees it pop out. Perhaps the crossing of the eyes is why i see an inversion.
George
2018-08-17 21:35:39 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
You can cross your eyes to bring 2 like points together and you will see an image, however i see it inverted while everyone i know sees it pop out. Perhaps the crossing of the eyes is why i see an inversion.
Since it is not posed as an urban legend and no
evidence for the claim is provided, I hereby rule
that the case for the claim in the subject line
is dismissed.
Mark Shaw
2018-08-17 22:10:30 UTC
Post by George
Post by b***@gmail.com
You can cross your eyes to bring 2 like points together and you will see an image, however i see it inverted while everyone i know sees it pop out. Perhaps the crossing of the eyes is why i see an inversion.
Since it is not posed as an urban legend and no
evidence for the claim is provided, I hereby rule
that the case for the claim in the subject line
is dismissed.
Well, I can tell you that I've never been able to see one of those
damned things, so as far as I'm concerned it's a huge practical
joke on me. But then again I'm a sample size of one, so who the
heck knows.
--
Mark Shaw moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"All of my mistakes are giving me ideas." - Natalie Lileks
George
2018-08-20 20:23:59 UTC
Post by Mark Shaw
Post by George
Post by b***@gmail.com
You can cross your eyes to bring 2 like points together and you will see an image, however i see it inverted while everyone i know sees it pop out. Perhaps the crossing of the eyes is why i see an inversion.
Since it is not posed as an urban legend and no
evidence for the claim is provided, I hereby rule
that the case for the claim in the subject line
is dismissed.
Well, I can tell you that I've never been able to see one of those
damned things, so as far as I'm concerned it's a huge practical
joke on me. But then again I'm a sample size of one, so who the
heck knows.
I stick my nose right up against the image, then look into the
distance as I move my face away. Works ok.

If I start at a distance and cross my eyes, it works in a way,
but I usually get a hole in the image where the target object
should be - say a bird or a race car - and I do not see the
object itself.
George
2018-08-20 20:55:53 UTC
Post by Mark Shaw
Post by George
Post by b***@gmail.com
You can cross your eyes to bring 2 like points together and you will see an image, however i see it inverted while everyone i know sees it pop out. Perhaps the crossing of the eyes is why i see an inversion.
Since it is not posed as an urban legend and no
evidence for the claim is provided, I hereby rule
that the case for the claim in the subject line
is dismissed.
Well, I can tell you that I've never been able to see one of those
damned things, so as far as I'm concerned it's a huge practical
joke on me. But then again I'm a sample size of one, so who the
heck knows.
Here's a bit of history but I have not read it all (URL may split across
lines in your viewer):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3867880/Can-shark-Researchers-reveal-magic-eye-illusions-work-not-hidden-3D-images.html
David DeLaney
2018-08-24 12:47:37 UTC
Post by Mark Shaw
Post by George
Since it is not posed as an urban legend and no
evidence for the claim is provided, I hereby rule
that the case for the claim in the subject line is dismissed.
Well, I can tell you that I've never been able to see one of those
damned things, so as far as I'm concerned it's a huge practical
joke on me. But then again I'm a sample size of one, so who the heck knows.
{hand}

I am able to see them, but only with my glasses ON and a little effort (since
my eyes, both nearsighted, literally focus in entirely different, very short,
ranges on their own). So I can assure you that, while particular instances may
be hoaxes (such as the claim that such a vision is hidden in The Matrix's
streaming vertical green code lines), the general principle is sound and was
mostly used correctly.

Dave, now if you want to know about stereogram steganographic ASCII-spathic
illumination, you'd have to ask The Cabal (TINC). good luck!